Old 11-11-19, 04:50 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by SpinClassSara
I have a ton of books I want to read about cycling, that aren't available in the US from the library. Sigh ..................
There is a book that's not related to cycling but written by Team GB's Sports Psycologist Dr. Steve Peters. Jamie Staff (G.B. Team Sprint Olympic gold and U.S.A. Olympic Sprint coach) recommended it. It's called "The Chimp Paradox". It's a great read for personal development.

https://www.amazon.com/Chimp-Paradox.../dp/039916359X

He was the guy who helped Victoria Pendleton overcome a lot of the self-doubt she had while battling to stay at the top of the game. The battles she and Anna Meares had were amazing.

Anyway, it intially wasn't available for sale in the US (print or digital). I temporarily changed my shipping address to a random place in the UK then bought a digital copy of the book then removed that shipping address. It worked.

I did fudge the system, but it wasn't to get the book for free. I wanted to pay. But I guess, at the time, the book wasn't ready for sale in the USA.

EDIT:

Here are the editorial reviews on the Amazon product page:

“Thank you, Steve Peters, for opening my eyes on how to approach my worries and fears…”
—Bradley Wiggins, Winner of Tour de France 2012
“[The Chimp Paradox is] the mind program that helped me win my Olympic Golds.”
—Sir Chris Hoy, six-time Olympic champion

“Steve Peters is the most important person in my career.”
—Victoria Pendleton, Olympic Gold Medal-winning cyclist