Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Elvo
I would definitely not leave a $2100 bike outside at night
Not going to, trust me !

Originally Posted by Iride01
For the type riding you say you are going to do, just plain platform pedals should be fine. If you are going to be pedaling at higher cadences of better than 80 RPM, then you might want SPD, SPD-SL or just simple toe straps. But for the short rides you are talking about probably not needed. If you've never used them, they might result in a injury if you didn't learn how to fall when younger.

As for locking up your bike. I don't know. I haven't left a bike unattended outside and out of my site for probably 50 years. I used to use a cable and a padlock. I preferred a key lock, others prefer combination locks. No matter what lock you get, it's no match for a battery operated angle grinder with a cutoff wheel.

I'd recommend you ask your local police department or sheriff's office about bike theft in the areas you'll be in with your bike. Hopefully it's not a big deal where you are, but some places it's an eye opener to know what is going on.

Check with your insurance agent about theft. Also you might want to talk to them and find out if your current policies, will cover you for liability and your own healthcare if you are the injured. Bikes do crash into things and damage other people and property when their operators are negligent or just simply make a mistake.

If that didn't take care of the 200 dollars, then at least get a floor pump to keep your tires properly aired up. They will need it every few days. Rubber is permeable to air and bicycle tires and tubes are much thinner than automobile tires.

Which ones to get? Buy some inexpensive things that seem to be made by a manufacturer that is a name in the cycling world. Personal experience helps with deciding what to get. So get some experience.
Thank you very much