View Single Post
Old 05-12-16, 02:27 AM
naishdude1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi ...just new here, as I was looking to find similar problem cases as I had with my Specialized Sirrus Expert 2015.

I am not an expert in these technical parts with /from bikes, just got this bike for my 60 birthday, and I just love it ( drove an old Raleigh alu trekking bike which was 20yo, then a E-bike flyer....but that was nothing for me, so I start looking over the internet, and came out on a Koga and the Specialized. The Koga was faster but was not so easy in the fast corners it wanted to keep going in a straight line, the Specialized was more versatile, and as I do a lot of city riding too, this was my choice.

After 6 months, the crank was coming loose, and the shop replaced some washers( I could not see or exactly hear, but the mechanics in the shop, were shaking their heads, they also had a lot of problems to get it out.

After this was done, I maybe rode another 50 km, and the same problem came with a knackering noise.
I went back and then they replaced the complete crank with some other brand, since then no problems anymore.

Now 5 months later my friend who purchased at the same time a Specialized Secteur, got the same problem, he said to me , hear this and immediately I pushed his pedal arm left to right and you could see the complete crank ad chain blade moving.
As we are in Spain in vacation, we were lucky to have a Specialized dealer in the next village, and the guy shook his head and recognized the problem.
He too, took no risk and replaced the complete crank, gave us a detailed invoice and the old crank and adviced us to show it to our dealer.

I searched on several websites for an email address of specialized and found one, I wrote them an email with my complaint and if they recognized the problem, and would address it on their safety/recall part of the website, but they did not even make the effort and politeness to answer me...
shame on you Specialized.
But I love/ like my bike
cheers
dude