Cyclist759

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DorkDisk
Parts are replaceable. Shop for a frame that fits and disregard the logos

Shops will swap parts, talk to them
Thanks, DorkDisk...I talked to the guys at the Giant/Liv shop, and they said it'd cost $170 to switch from mechanical to hydro disks; maybe $50 to upgrade the rear derailleur from Tourney or Altus to Acera, but said I'm limited with the Bliss. He said that in order to do all I want, it'd cost $1000...the implication being, why don't I just go for a better bike. If they made a better bike with a 26" wheel, I would! Now that MTBs are all 27.5" or 29", I'm just too small for them and don't actually need bigger wheels because I'm not going crazy offroad. I just want a comfortable, stable, safe ride on rutted roads, grass, dirt/gravel paths, and some light trails.

Question: If you strip away everything from the Bliss frame, could I build up a better bike? Hydro brakes, 3x8/9 or 2x9 (or whatever), better fork, saddle, bar, etc.? Or is the frame itself not quality enough for that kind of upgrade? IOW, is this aluminum frame any worse than any other comparable (Trek, Specialized, Cannondale, etc.) aluminum frame?

https://www.liv-cycling.com/us/bliss-2-2018