Old 04-21-19, 05:27 PM
Cyclist759

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DorkDisk
Out of that list of brands, G is the only one that owns a factory. Considering they make high quality frames for other companies, their own brand consistently delivers high quality frames at all pricepoints.

I think all 3 Blisses have the same frame so you can either get the cheapest one, pick your favorite color, or get the one with hydraulic brakes and rigid fork. Its not a bad idea to just buy one for sizing and dialing in the fit first. There's nothing about those frames that make them tough to upgrade, but so are post 2000 MTBs. And there are many high end barely used ones for sale for cheap.

Buying the Bliss for the frame is a tough sell for me personally, but I know old 26ers and how to fix them. That does not mean that it's a bad choice for you. Finding a used bike takes patience, which is why a new bike could be a better option.

Looking through my bike pr0n stash, I found this beautiful tiny Kona, which is remarkably similar to my slightly larger 16" petite Cannondale.

Well isn't that an adorable bike!! I love Kona. Too bad I don't have a dealer within a reasonable drive, and even though I've called a couple places, nobody has an XS in any model I'm interested in.

I've been checking CL for used bikes for a few weeks. Tiny frames aren't common, but they're out there. I'm picky, though, on condition and color. Good to know that Giant is a good brand. I'm more familiar with Trek, Spec, Cannondale, etc. I love the Liv line, though. I really wanted to try the Bliss Lite (rigid fork), but nobody has them to test ride. They say they're not a good seller.

Thanks again for your feedback; I really appreciate it!