Old 07-17-19, 02:21 PM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts
Your enthusiasm for this cool hobby is great. Love how you have done so much research on proving that one hybrid bike that is a few pounds less than another is a better bike.

But it's not, cause it's a matter of opinion and preference of who buys the bike. I find it hilarious that some are so tuned into lower weight is a better bike, but it doesn't really matter when you are not racing. All hybrids are great every day riding bikes, that we can tune to our needs and preferences.

The OP needs to go ride many bikes and figure out what they like. It doesn't matter what any of us like. If the OP chooses suspension or non suspension, as long as the bike is comfortable and provides enjoyment, then great.

Your basing your opinion on suspensions off of a extremely cheap mountain bike suspension you used to have. Suntour XCT, The suspensions I listed above are much higher quality than that "Pogo stick."

As for now, I'm going to continue laughing at the argument that lighter is better in the hybrid category cause it doesn't have suspension.

Last edited by travbikeman; 07-17-19 at 02:30 PM.