View Single Post
Old 07-17-19, 11:32 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,753 Times in 940 Posts
Not Often That I Get Angry - However...

I recently sold all but two of my bikes. Upon attempting to collect some of them from a local bike shop, I was surprised to learn that I had already picked up my Quintanna Roo...

I did not remember doing so but one of the shop owners insisted that I did. I then thought that someone had broken into my storage area, at my cottage and took the bike.

I had already accepted the buyer' money for the seven bikes that I sold to him. Sadly, with one being stolen, I had only six left so I did the only thing that I could do, I offered a substitute of equal or greater value and he was happy with my doing so. That said...

The Quintanna Roo is/was worth about 1/4 what the substitute bike was worth. The sub, my full matched Campy ten speed Cyclops...

Fast forward to today.

This morning, an employee at the shop, told me that the bike, my Quintanna Roo, was still in the shop and showed it to me. I, apparently, had not picked it up as I was told. Now, I am out my Cyclops which I really wanted to keep. Does the shop owe me anything? I am not sure how to handle this. I will speak to one, or both, of the owners tomorrow.

What would you do?