View Single Post
Old 10-21-18, 10:22 PM
RoughRiderXO-1

Bikes: 1985 Ron Stout, 1988 Ron Stout, 1990 Ron Stout, another 1990 Ron Stout

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sadly, your Ron Stout is not worth that much. I paid $300 for a Stout frame and fork via eBay four years ago and it's in much better shape and has the wishbone seatstay (which some may consider "better," although I prefer Ron's fastback seat lug as yours has.) As for your Campy SR group, generally speaking, only people in their 50s and older even appreciate those components. I rarely see them on the road, except at classic bike events. More and more, IF I even see classic steel frames in use anymore, they often have modern parts on them. Anyway, I'd put your value at $400 to $500, max. (I've been tracking Stouts on eBay for many years now; I was sponsored by Ron in 1985 and 1988 and I always keep an eye out for them on eBay, Instagram, Craigslist, etc. They usually don't even sell.)

I hope you just ride it and enjoy it! (And feel free to change out parts, including putting on some "aero" brake levers, which everybody was switching too on otherwise all Campy SR bikes in 1985 and later.)

I'm curious what those tyres are you that you mounted, and their width? Also, the serial number on the bottom bracket? It will tell you the year it was built.

- Chris Kostman