View Single Post
Old 07-29-19, 01:04 PM
drcollie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
I went from this a 2017 Specialized Sirrus Carbon Expert (which at the time thought it was the cat's ass) to a 2020 Specialized Roubaix Pro I bought when it first came out this spring.

The difference to me is amazing. These are like two different machines, un-related to one another. I'm no racer, I'm 65 years old but my riding buddies ARE racers and triathlon competitors. They're very fast. What I found is that on the flats and downhills, I can stay with them on the Roubaix, its climbing where they take off and leave me, mostly because their athleticism is far above mine (and they are younger) and skinnier. I was miserable riding with them on the Sirrus Expert, now I'm having much more fun on the new bike and can keep them in sight most the time. A large part of the appeal on the new bike is the carbon wheels feel very fast, a noticeable difference. The SRAM electric shifters are superb and also the 2" suspension travel with the Future Shock plus the flex in the seat post, make for a comfortable bike. The gear itself won't close the gap, but it makes the ride a lot more fun and pleasant, and that's what its all about.

That Bianchi paint job is gorgeous, btw.
Likes For drcollie: