View Single Post
Old 03-05-18, 05:58 AM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghazmh
...I had to be a bit more mindful of the pot hole laden horrible road conditions on our broke and underfunded road infrastructure. 126 in Sudbury was closed and I was detoured through some nice back roads... It was another in a long line of cold windy and raw weekend rides.
Our roads do take a beating during the winter, don't they? Sunday morning our band played at a church service in Sudbury and on the way there we encountered the 126 closure. I'd guess it was from downed trees or power/phone cables. Saturday's wind was fierce. Friends on the Cape said they hit 90mph down there.

We've ridden our tandem and I've ridden solo north from Weyland Center a number of times and every time I see that hill just past the river I'm glad there are alternatives. It looks narrow for the traffic speed, which makes the steepness more serious. However the road heading east just below that hill, Water Row I think it is called or Geezen perhaps, is really nice. Some neat historical stuff through there too, and you can ride over to Sherman's Bridge over the Sudbury and into parts of Lincoln.