View Single Post
Old 06-08-19, 01:56 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2493 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick
I have been riding long enough that when I started riding bike lanes were a rarity. I prefer wide curb lanes and no parked cars. Where there are no bike lanes the right edge of the rode is cleaner. I know that the rode being used for a parking lot causes visibility problems and narrows a perfectly usable rode. In some major cities like LA as much as 65% of the land mass is used for parking cars. For years states have pulled away from the mandatory use the bike lane or else. Recently it has started to head back toward forcing us to ride in the bike path/ditch full of rode debris I do not want to be forced to use a public facility that is not maintained instead of a perfectly good rode. I believe that phasing out on rode parking and lowering speed limits in congested areas is more effective at preventing car bike collisions than painted lines that divide the rode up.
For the love of Pete, Rick. The word is 'Road'. Everywhere you have used 'rode' it should be 'road'. ̶W̶e̶ I cannot debate the finer points of your opinions till you address your overuse (7x!) of an incorrect spelling.