Old 09-11-18, 07:50 AM
Wilmingtech

Bikes: 2013 Ridley Helium, 2017 Blue Pro-Secco EX, 1987 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 73 Posts
Originally Posted by brrrrt
Recognizeable. But I love the feeling when you do the first ride and all is oké, like a pat on the shoulder for yourself...*
Originally Posted by taz777
I generally only buy mail order bikes and the first thing I do after a visual inspection is to re-torque every bolt that I can find on the bike.

I've even had to do this on my hybrid that I bought from a bricks and mortar Specialized store.

Additionally, I tend to change all the 'touch points' on the bike (saddle, pedals, and grips usually) and I've had an instance where I struggled to remove the pedals on a store bike that was set up by their 'expert mechanic' for me!
I agree with you guys. I really do enjoy doing the work on my own bike.
It is harder to find a good mechanic when you can do your own work because you know what to look for. Also - the closest bike shop to me is over an hour away and all the shops in this area have at least a 7 day backlist before they can get to your bike.

Touch points are for sure the first thing to get "touched". Speaking of which, I do like the stock bar tape on this bike.

Just waiting for parts. Hopefully get a first ride this coming weekend.

Thanks for posting the pics. Bike looks good. Im curious how well the back tire stays down while climbing gravel hills. We have a steep gravel driveway and on all my other bikes I have to stay seated to keep the back wheel from spinning out and shooting gravel out the back. This frame geometey with the seatpost angle and low seat stays looks like you could possibly stand while climbing a hill and get a little more grip on the back wheel.

-Sean

Last edited by Wilmingtech; 09-11-18 at 07:53 AM.