View Single Post
Old 03-19-15, 10:22 PM
cale

Bikes: Kuota Ksano. Litespeed T5 gravel - brilliant!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I had one and all was good. Years passed and then, in a moment of indulgence, I added another. The first, a classy Italian redhead, tossed mincing looks at the curvy carbon frame, also Italian, that had seized my attention. The bikes were alike, both had a urge to surge and a need for speed. They were tossed back and forth with wild abandon until suddenly one day the fiery redhead was struck with cancer. I saw to the care and even restorative surgery, expense wasn't spared but it was never the same again. She hung on the wall, the sparkle was still in her fork but I had had too much time with my new carbon ride and what a ride it was!

In a moment of weakness, my eye did stray once more. A soulful model from the UK. Rugged and versatile. I thought we would have fun together this winter. Haha. She asked for space in our modest quarters. I gave in but in doing so upset a delicate balance that remains to this day. The vintage Italian had been pressed out of service and begged to be let go. I understood that need and put her fate in the hands of eBay. It was over so quickly. A local transfer, no long goodbyes.

So there you have it. I have two bikes and, for the time being, all is good.

Last edited by cale; 03-19-15 at 10:31 PM.