View Single Post
Old 04-12-16, 07:32 AM
shovelhd

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I did the SZR (C) race yesterday. This is three laps of flat Watopia at 2.5-3.5 average with the last lap a race with no restrictions. At the start of the last lap there were about 15 of us. Four of us took to the front and opened a gap. We attacked each other, not super hard or long, but enough to make the split stick. One guy dropped off after did about 5.0 for 30 seconds or so, and it was down to three. One guy, the eventual winner, was attacking but he wasn't just riding away. The other guy and I were watching each other as we could easily bridge to the leader. Going through the esses the winner opened a 3 second gap. I felt like sprinting it out with this guy so I let him go and played cat and mouse. I led down the hill at the 1km mark but used another rider on the course to make him come around me. We sprinted to the line and I beat him by a second, 5 seconds behind the winner. It is the first time I've seen my name on the results page.

Our group wound up riding with a few of the A's and B's. I had an A rider text me to say that I should be an A. I set myself up as a C because of the rampant sandbagging that goes on in the C's. I want to be competitive. However once I get back to riding more consistently I will try a B race just to see what that's like.