Old 01-20-20, 08:45 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 989 Post(s)
Liked 586 Times in 440 Posts
Originally Posted by MidTNBrad
Hmm...that sounds like some sort of euphemism.

Anyway, I'm thinking about waxing rather than using wet lube but I'm wondering how it holds up in hot weather. Where I live its not uncommon to see days in the mid 90's (fahrenheit). That, combined with the hot sun on asphalt can drive the temp near the road even higher. Does anyone have an issue with the wax breaking down or melting out of the chain during those hot days of summer?
I believe you would be just fine. I would suggest to follow Oz Cycle's youtube channel, he made plenty of videos showing 1) why it is the best lubricant available and 2) how to properly clean & wax your chain. He is in Australia, so he's riding in hot weather as well. That guy is a beast! His motto: Don't get fooled buying these expensive inefficient products

Also keep in mind that it is the internal parts of your chain that needs to be lubricated (waxed), not the external ones. With all the friction caused by the mechanical movement, and regardless of the ambient temperature, the chain's ''operating temperature'' should not vary much.

Last edited by eduskator; 01-20-20 at 08:53 AM.
Likes For eduskator: