View Single Post
Old 05-06-20, 06:31 AM
Vince Canepa

Bikes: 1978 Jack Taylor "Tour of Britain", 2010 Cannondale CAAD9-4, 2013, Cannondale Supersix Evo Red Racing, 1969 Jack Taylor Ladies "Tourist" (wife's), 2010 Specialized Dolce Sport (wife's)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I recently purchased a Prevail II to replace my 11 year old S-Works. I measure 59cm so I tried on the medium and the large. The medium was at its maximum adjustment and with a winter cap was too snug. I am right in the middle of the adjustment range with the large. My head must be oval because the Specialized helmets work well for me. The Prevail II also has a height adjustment. Unfortunately there is no instruction for what is the ideal setting. I played with mine and now have it set to the mid range of the 5 options. My S-Works, which has no height adjustment, feels like the helmet sits on the top of my head whereas the Prevail II sits slightly above. I attribute this to the new retention system, height adjustment and the slightly rounder shape over the head. The helmet does fit low on the forehead and so does my S-Works. Specialized recommends that the helmet fit low on the forehead - notice that most pros helmets fit right at the top of their sunglasses. The new retention system does feel more loose than the old. The ventilation of the Prevail II is noticeably better than my S-Works (which was very good in that respect). Mine has the ANGi sensor which I hope I will never actually need. One area that folks always emphasize is how light the Prevail II is. On my scales my large weights 282 grams, only 6 grams less that my S-Works. After riding with the Prevail II i feel it is a nice step up over my S-Works. Hope this helps answer the original question.
Likes For Vince Canepa: