Old 02-22-19, 02:07 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Spoonrobot
Please share the link(s) to whatever studies you have that show the effects of stretching on cyclist position and flexibility. I haven't looked in a while but last time I did a few years ago the only literature was branded studies from Specialized and a saddle company that escapes me (Fizik?).
I wasn't referring to studies of cyclist position and flexibility, just those of stretching generally. @Machka posted some good links above, and you can see that the claimed benefits are really nothing that dramatic.

I'm completely skeptical of any "branded" research as I don't know what commercial motives might lie in releasing the information.

I don't want to overstate my position here. My guess is that some people probably benefit more from stretching than others, and we self-select. I also think we self-select into what bike postures work best for us, and it's absolutely ridiculous to assert that everyone would be better off riding "slammed". I know you didn't say that, but the other poster strongly implied it.