Old 06-17-19, 11:33 AM
TricycleTom

Bikes: Jeunet 12, Car-Cycle X-4, Aerovironment Charger

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Sapperc
Not sure what your fitness goals are or your overall health and ability to exercise, but for those able to exercise without undue restrictions the most modest fitness guidelines recommend moderate to heavy exercise for at least 45 minutes a minimum of 3 times a week along with a healthy diet and otherwise active lifestyle for a long and heathy life. So basically, all things in moderation. Any activity is better than none at all, but the routines you have suggested are unlikely to improve your health unless you are in recovery of some sort. Sounds like you are not particularly interested in cycling though, so you might want to try some other activities that might spark your interest and that you will be more likely to pursue with enthusiasm.

Best wishes and good luck!
45 X 3 = 135 minutes, and I'm getting 7 X 25 = 175 minutes. I'm 6' 1'' X 175 lbs, and vegan, after 50 years of vegetarian. My bike has over 100,000 km on it. It is the only exercise that does not bore me to tears, because it used to be of practical value. I live at a crossroads, and ride into the wind and back. I'm lucky that three directions have moderate scenery. My father died young with heart trouble from unaccustomed exercise, while my mother was a ranked smimmer into her 80s.
My goals are to avoid depression and to stay spry and healthy enough for handyman work as needed. Pete Seeger was still splitting firewood two weeks before moving on. Overall, though, I agree with the philosophy that the body is a handy way to get the head to meetings.