View Single Post
Old 07-14-19, 03:15 PM
momsonherbike

Bikes: All mine are electric bikes now

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 37 Posts
linberl - You're wasting your breath trying to educate the haters. Face it - for them the only machine worthy of the nomenclature "bicycle" is what they define via their strict sports religious belief. There is no room for any other gods ...for them, at least. They don't want to share - just like the motorists who hate bikes and think they should stay off the road because roads are for cars only.

We should be happy that you, as an almost 70 years old mom, can still ride - with a bit of assistance - with your own much younger and stronger son. We should be happy that numerous married men on this 50+ and up aged forum are posting to say they have discovered their wives (also 50 and up) are suddenly willing to join them in cycling when the ladies are offered a bit of assistance to make the joining fun. I'm sure there isn't a wife out there that doesn't smile at the prospect of seeing her cycling man happy that he can (once again or for the first time) share the time and his beloved sport with the woman he loves by the introduction of an ebike for her. If it's an ebike that is the defining factor capable of bringing them to that togetherness, then let's cheer on the Cupid in that technology.

I think it would well serve everyone in this current discussion to go back to page 1 and really read what the OP said in his original post. For him, the importance of being mobile and happy to still be riding took priority over the bike he would need to fulfil that goal as he aged. It's nicely written by a man who won't take his body's eventual "no" to mean the end of the road for cycling.

Last edited by momsonherbike; 07-14-19 at 03:29 PM.
Likes For momsonherbike: