View Single Post
Old 09-03-19, 07:04 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 757 Times in 562 Posts
Originally Posted by bikenh
I will fess in the past couple of months when I went to the dump I haven't found any kitty liter buckets. Granted you don't see them in the stores anymore either. Tidy Kat stopped using those style buckets unfortunately. The only products using the buckets may be ice melt style products anymore.
Really? Purina still shows them on their website and suppliers like Chewy.com still list them for sale. Are they being phased out and just not removed yet? Maybe they are just not as widely carried in local stores?

I would think local stores just prefer to sell the 40# bags to folks buying largish amounts, and they are cheaper and probably more environmentally friendly, but for the online sellers the bags are harder to ship than the buckets. As a result they charge a lot more per pound for the 40# bag vs the 35# bucket. Chewy.com charges $49.99 per pound vs $41.80 per pound for the bag vs the bucket. I assume the difference is the difficulty of shipping individual bags, because the buckets surely cost a lot more to make than the bags.