View Single Post
Old 11-13-19, 01:37 AM
gaucho777 

Bikes: '72 Cilo Pacer, '72 Gitane Gran Tourisme, '72 Peugeot PX10, '73 Speedwell Ti, '74 Peugeot UE-8, '75 Peugeot PR-10L, '80 Colnago Super, '85 De Rosa Pro, '86 Look Equipe 753, '86 Look KG86, '89 Parkpre Team, '90 Parkpre Team MTB, '90 Merlin

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Liked 2,128 Times in 555 Posts
I was down south in the Westlake Village/Agoura area (north of L.A.) visiting family this weekend. I brought my De Rosa this time. It's always a pleasure to hit some of the roads I used to ride when I was teenager bit by the cycling bug.

DAY 1

Riding through Hidden Valley. Rich farm estates on the outer edge of suburbia (and a popular site for car commercials).

View from the far end of Hidden Valley looking east back toward Westlake Village.

Lake Sherwood

DAY 2

Ascent up Decker. Hard to tell from this angle, especially with the sun in your eyes, but this is a nasty, steep little section, and pretty treacherous coming downhill.

View from atop the ridge, looking west toward the Pacific Ocean (covered in white fog).

Lesson: Don't believe everything you read. This photo is at the top of "the Rock Store climb" on Mulholland Drive. It's been closed after some recent fires, but it's open to cyclists willing to lift their bikes over a couple small fences. There was too much gravel on the road to let it rip on the descent, but at least there were zeros cars.

A view looking down the descent (notice the twisting road in the distance below).

And a shot of the Rock Store, a popular biker hangout.

Finished off with a nice little gravel shortcut back home.

Likes For gaucho777: