I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,538 Times in 1,047 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Has anyone here actually had an "incident" occur while riding that left them physically unable to use a cellphone and the incident detection device/app combination(s) sent out an alert that resulted in the first (or any) appropriate response from an emergency agency?

If not, do you know of any credible reports of the incident detection equipment under discussion actually resulting in the initial emergency response or aid to any "incident" incapacitated cyclists? Has any "incident alerted" spouse become the actual first responder or been the first to notify 911 personnel of an incapacitated cyclist?
Originally Posted by GeneO
No
As I expect is true for almost all bicyclists who expect their devices' incident notification feature to provide any first aid benefits to an incapacitated bicyclist.

A reading of the discussion on this thread indicates use of such devices may provide some comfort to anxious spouses when they don't receive any notifications of an incident.

The spouse warning feature also seems to provide some bicyclists justification for obtaining another item for the equipment/device/app collection, as well as the possibility for some of spouse acquiescence with their solo bicycle riding.