Old 04-17-21, 06:55 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6974 Post(s)
Liked 10,975 Times in 4,695 Posts
Originally Posted by IAGIRL
Thanks dwmckee I really wanted to love the Giant Revolt and was hoping it was going to be the perfect balance between specs and price, enough so that I drove several hours to try it. It rode really rough for me compared to the Checkpoint and Diverge. Maybe I missed something on the test ride, but rode the Checkpoint SL5 and Giant Revolt back to back on the same route and the Checkpoint was a much smoother ride. One LBS is getting in a Salsa Warbird in my size next month. That pushes me back into the price range of the Diverge carbon. I have been back and forth on increasing my budget, but I am leaning towards starting at a lower price point until I have a better feel for what I need/want and also to give me an all roads back-up to my road bike that I am not worried about taking on group bar-to-bar rides. Unfortunately, the Jamis dealers nearby don't have anything in my size in stock, but I could expand my search range. The Checkpoint ARL5 is in route to my LBS, so I am feeling a bit of a time crunch.
Maybe the Revolt's tires were pumped up to a higher psi? Could've been something as simple as that.
Likes For Koyote: