Old 02-20-19, 12:06 PM
JayNYC

Bikes: Fuji Jari 1.3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BluesDawg
That looks like a good setup and a good price from Mill City Cycles. The same components would cost about $350 from Bike Hub Store if you wanted to build them yourself. That's a good option if you already have the knowledge and the tools, but otherwise it's an investment.

I went with a similar component list for the wheels I built for myself. I used WTB i23 Frequency rims, Bitex rear hub, SP Dynamo front hub, 32/32 Sapim Race spokes and WTB Byway 650Bx47. They have worked out great. I think 28 spokes should be plenty. I went with 32 as much because it is what I am used to building as for any concerns about durability.
Mill City suggested 32h rear, 28h front for me. Sounds like a decent compromise. But he said 28h would probably be fine.

Originally Posted by ericzamora
My only regret with the Mill City Cycles wheel order.... i should have considered purple colored hubs... lol i may go with colored valves some day.
I don't think purple was an option. He said the color choices were red, blue, green, silver and black. The blue was a more royal blue than your bike. I was sorta hoping yellow would be an option since the graphics on my bike are yellow. But I'll probably go with black – I'd rather have a neutral color than a color that doesn't work.