View Single Post
Old 10-21-19, 01:41 PM
Ged117 

Bikes: 1951 Sun Wasp, 1953 Armstrong Consort, 1975 Raleigh Competition, 1980 Apollo Gran Sport, 1988 Schwinn Voyageur, Mystery MTB

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked 465 Times in 191 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
I had a Cheng Shin tire that wouldn't seat right and gave me a thumping flat spot. I know my sample size is low, but I prefer to buy from the other big tire companies. I know Kenda has a high defect rate as well, but so far, so good for me. I made an exception: I put Kenda tires on my English 3-speed, and I like how they feel better than the expensive Schwalbe tires.
Hi Tom. How do the Kendas feel on the Rudge compared to the Schwalbe tires? I really like how my Panaracer col de la vie tires feel on my three-speed, and I want to recreate that experience for my gf's '72 Sports rebuild but with a little more protection for her commutes. Are the Schwalbe tires dull feeling? The greenguard regular marathon tires I had on my hybrid were pretty dull. I've discovered the folding 27" Pasela PT tires for my touring bike, and they are fantastic. I'm putting a new pair of those on my Peugeot's new 700c wheelset when the time comes.