View Single Post
Old 02-21-19, 07:54 AM
hack

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mattm
Did an RR and a crit last weekend/holiday.

The Cantua Creek RR was 2.5 hours away, decided to go since I hadn't before. Ugh hitting the road @ 4:30 AM is... ugh. Small field of like 20 since it's a small race in the middle of nowhere CA (near Coalinga). Made the early move of about 10 guys, we rotated really well (so well it was boring) for half the race, then guys started attacking 2nd time up the hill. I couldn't hang and got dropped, came in in a chase group for DFL lol.

Then the Cherry Pie crit was on Monday - a holiday for many but not for me. Did some meetings & work stuff in the morning, then snuck out for the race in the afternoon. God dammit they made that course even worse than it used to be! It's mostly in a parking lot, and they added a quick left/right/right leading to a 180 - but in a parking lot so not really enough space to do it at speed.. I mean **** they might as well throw some cones out and have us go around those!

A bunch of guys got dropped (and lapped, which was annoying) - I re-learned how to corner and finished in the group for 10th. Teammate got 2nd from the break so that was cool.
Not a fan of the new Cherry Pie course. Doesn’t help I let myself fall too far back in the group, get gapped, and dropped. Cornering yips still haunt me from sliding out in the roundabout last year.

Great result for Bobby. He was aggressive all race. Zach is a solid add for the team as well.