View Single Post
Old 07-09-19, 08:18 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10971 Post(s)
Liked 7,498 Times in 4,194 Posts
Originally Posted by RyanAK
1997 MUSA Trek 820 Mountain Track. Spencer and I stripped it bare and rattle-canned it Krylon “Oxford Blue”. It’s a pretty good job. 8 or so coats with a couple coats of clear.

Ever see a 4yo wield a can of spray paint? One of those trigger attachments helps. Ha.

All original 3x7 drive train. New Soma Portola bars and Nitto stem. (And shim... 1-1/8” threaded. Ugh!) Used bar ends, levers, saddle. New cables, housing and brake pads. A new set of tires and Bob’s yer uncle.

Trying to to figure out a front rack and basket. Any thoughts? Anyone got something in the parts bin?

R
Funny- my 8yo and I used spray.bike on a 24" MTB frame that she helped me build up earlier this spring and she chose the same shade blue. The only thing original on it is the heavy 3x crank. Double the age and they are still all over the place with spray cans!
As for a front rack- I use the Jandd Extreme rack and love it. But thats with 2 rear panniers up front on my touring bike plus more on top when needed(like chicken fingers in a bucket!). Might be overkill for what you need. https://www.jandd.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FREXT

Likes For mstateglfr: