View Single Post
Old 09-26-10, 01:17 PM
conbon

Bikes: trek 560, specialized langster, specialized stumpjumper, felt bmx, GT pro series

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by runningDoc
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4133/5024953134_aeede96b16_z.jpg

Gary Fischer Wingra. I really wanted to get a nice cyclocross bike and splurge but living in NYC everything can get stolen. So the entry level gary fisher city bike/commuter it was. Brooklyn has so many bike lanes now it is really changing the culture down here - drivers know what to expect for the most part. Manhattan's getting better too.

I ended up just asking my LBS to install the cheapest rack they had and i'm actually happy i ended up with a topeak. the propriety bags work with a system that really is secure and tight.

now i'll just add some black reflective tape and rear/front lights and it will be complete...

the only thing i totally hate is having to lug a huge kryptonite lock (of course the NYC model) and then the steel rope for the wheels/ect.. its like over 10lbs of extra weight.
That things sweet! I'm probably gonna get a Monona (next level up) sometime this week once my roadbike sells. I like what you've done with it so far, can't wait til you get the fenders on there.

-Connor