Old 08-01-19, 03:53 PM
peterws

Bikes: Carrera Virtuoso and friend

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 38 Posts
Pumped up on Antihistamines!

Surprised nobody's mentioned this, to my knowledge. It's been a bad year for hayfever; my worst to date, and I hope, my last. But no respite yet. A variety of tablets.

Loratadine is the first; my go to, but it's really insufficient at the recommended dosage. I've taken 3 a day instead of one; Consensus. he states no harm will befall me. He doesn't know my age. I shouldn't be taking any.
Cetirizine is good for itching (hives) and I've had that, too. Takes ages for those little b*****s to heal, but vivid dreams can be a very pleasant (or otherwise) side effect!
Benadryl Plus cures anything, and is my most effective tablet. I sleep well off them, and I can drink, too. Well, I can with the others really, you know how it can be. Sometimes you just need one.
Piriton makes one sleepy, but it was the doctors suggestion. Not his finest, methinks.
Nasal sprays contain Benzalconium Chloride. I believe this caused my present problems; it's found in eye drops too.
Heh ho! And here's me fondly thinking how good it was to be old . . .But I can still ride the bike! And maybe, just maybe . . . .those little ole anti histamines enable me to go faster!. . . .