Old 08-21-17, 11:35 AM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Divebrian
I'll be there as well to "learn" for 2018 as well. I have no expectations for this year, just want to experience it so next year I'll have all that out of the way, will know what to expect and can focus on results. Should be fun, never been on a wood track or indoor facility. Guessing times should be slightly faster since wind will not be a factor, correct?
Unfortunately, no on both

It probably won't be fun. Track time will be very limited, expensive, and probably chaotic. For every person who is there with no expectations, there will be 9 with very high expectations...and the attitudes to match. Many have been training for several years and will spend several thousands of dollars to be there as well as use vacation time.

The logistics of getting to the infield is tough. The bathroom situation is not ideal. I last rode there in spring of 2013 for a workout.

The track isn't known as being a "fast" one. It's very well maintained, but several riders from DLV have logged faster times at DLV than in LA for short and long time trials (myself included). Maybe others can explain why.