View Single Post
Old 09-23-19, 07:48 AM
billyymc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 125 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
If you go through the Elemnt Firmware Update History, the big update came on April 15th, and they've basically been fixing stuff ever since. They've only added three functional elements since then, everything else, repairs to whatever they broke. I use TBT quite sparingly, so I never noticed any issues. I did notice that I just updated mine for the 3rd time this month.

I spent a year with a Hammerhead Karoo, which had the best hardware on the market, and software written by people who apparently don't know how to make anything work. Updates would utterly break the unit-- it would forget how to use sensors, randomly reboot, TBT would go absolutely berserk. The software battery management still hasn't been sorted out-- I would have one ride at 6% use per hour, and a couple days later it would use 30% per hour. The Wahoo is incomparably stable.
Thanks DrI. All I know is I did a ride with the Bolt on Friday Sept 6. It worked fine, recognizing my turn locations as it always had. Then two days later I did another ride - the first 25 miles of which were the exact same route I did two days prior, and it had a problem recognizing that I wasn't yet at my turn, as well as thinking i was off-route in many places where there was not turn.

All good now.