View Single Post
Old 03-27-21, 11:24 AM
nel e nel

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Hardrock Disc; 199? Royce Union freestyle bike; 2021 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 11 Posts
Here's my beloved beater. 2017 Specialized Hardrock. I was not kind to it in terms of maintenance over the years, and with local bike shops having limited hours/availability this past year have taken it upon myself to replace all the components that I've ridden to exhaustion. I don't have a before pic, but here is a stock photo of what it looked like new:

I replaced the nylon pedals it came with about 2 years ago, and just recently replaced the drive train (3x to 1x), brake and shifting levers, and the fork. The fork was totally shot from complete negligence on my part with the stanchions rusted in place. So went with a rigid carbon fork in it's place.

Here's the *almost* final product. I have some gravel tires I'm going to swap in for the knobbies.

Since I've been WFH for the past year, it's been serving more as a fitness bike just to keep the routine of daily rides. With that I've been paying a lot of attention to how I ride and am now looking at getting a proper road bike to build from scratch.

Last edited by nel e nel; 03-27-21 at 11:33 AM.