Thread: 2020 Randonnees
View Single Post
Old 06-29-20, 08:41 AM
abshipp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3350 Post(s)
Liked 3,618 Times in 1,239 Posts
I rode a solo 200k Saturday.

Overall it went quite well, I felt like I paced things pretty good and ate and drank well. Hit a wall with an hour to go that made the last little bit kind of miserable, but I felt great the vast majority of the day.

Had a few moments of confusion with the cue sheet having a few wrong directions but nothing too bad. It was a little frustrating since ~40 miles or so were on the Fox River Trail and Prairie Path and there were a few detours that weren't the easiest to follow with only a odometer and cue sheet. I'm also on the fence about how I feel about so many miles on a MUP - on the one hand it was nice to have 3 hours that I didn't have to worry about traffic, on the other it was quite crowded and the constant slowing or stopping for road crossings got really old.

But hey, I'm glad that I finally got in a 200k this year, I had aspirations of doing a bunch of them but the whole COVID thing really took the wind out of my sails.
Likes For abshipp: