Old 08-28-15, 09:46 PM
jonc123
Ozark Hillbilly

Bikes: Long Haul Trucker

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I might just go ahead and order the VO fenders, I would like to try out the PB fenders too. I'm kind of torn, I do like the idea of the QR on the SKS and PB fenders but the VO fenders do not have that. It looks like to me you need coverage on that front tire down pretty close to the ground. I'll have to check out the PB and see if they offer good coverage. The VO fenders would look good.

On the other hand, I've done pretty well with all the other equipment choices so I don't feel bad getting the fenders not perfect the first time. The fenders is really the last thing. Everything else is done. These bikes are ready to roll. I'm becoming friends with the dropbars, the only two positions I am using now are the tops and hoods about 50/50. I have a Bern Allston that has a flip up visor. I need to start flipping that up as it's blocking the view of the road when I am on the hoods. I have a strange head, most helmets and hardhats just seem to perch on top of my head...the Bern fits perfect.

I also bought a nice plastic mirror (It is an Ortlieb product) from Rivendell that seems to work pretty well so I am ditching my Take-A-Look for now. Mirror is a must have for me probably because of all the motorcycle riding I have done and the fact that driving is a part of my job. I just need to know whats going on around me. Makes me feel better more than anything.