Old 02-21-17, 10:46 AM
Drew Eckhardt 

Bikes: 97 Litespeed, 50-39-30x13-26 10 cogs, Campagnolo Ultrashift, retroreflective rims on SON28/PowerTap hubs

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
The thing about the RWGPS and cues 30 meters ahead of time I think only applies to devices like the 800.
It works with the 500 as a paid subscriber, but is spotty. You might get the alert before the intersection, or it might be as you're going through it.

With "turn guidance" enabled 800 turn alerts are a lot nicer - the map screen pops up with the turn highlighted in white 0.1 miles before hand, even if RWGPS didn't generate a CoursePoint; and if RWGPS was being silly it's obvious you're not turning.

The 800 (and beyond, although my 810 crashed on my first ride and I lost data within the first week) also makes distance to turn, distance to course point, and next turn fields which can be on any screen; not just the course and cue sheet screens.

The cue sheet is built into the TCX file, I don't think it's there in a gpx file.
Right. There are <CoursePoint> XML elements with <Name> and <PointType> children identifying the road and turn direction which are displayed.

RWGPS implements the advance warning by moving the <CoursePoint> <Position> <LattitudeDegrees> and <LongitudeDegrees> fields closer to the route start.

Last edited by Drew Eckhardt; 02-21-17 at 10:59 AM.