Old 12-29-17, 09:16 PM
krispenhartung

Bikes: S-Works Venge Dura-Ace DI2, KTM Strada 4000, Fuji Norcom Straight 1.3 (TT), Fuji Track Elite, BMC Trackmachine TR02

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MarkWW
Did you end up trying this? How did it work out? I've been putting off ordering an omnium trainer because I really can't decide if I should go with the track version or regular. The idea of something adjustable and in between the two extremes sounds very appealing to me.
I have a new sled on the way with the progressive rollers on it, and I plan on performing the swaperoo on that one. I like the idea of having three possible power combinations. Anyway, when it gets here (should be any day) I will invert one drum, attach it to my Omnium track and give it a try. Would you like me to conduct any tests? My plan was to ride on both drum options at 90, 100, 100, 115, 120, 130, and 140 RPM and record the average watts for each. I'll also do the test on two bikes, my Fuji Track Elite with the tubulars at 150psi, and my BMC Trackmachine at 115 psi.

This should give a good depiction of what just one progressive resistance drum will produce in terms of a non-linear wattage increase with increased RPMs.