spinnaker
Every day a winding road

Bikes: 2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3394 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Philly Tandem
We did that a few weeks ago when starting out our GAP ride from our hotel near the train station. Was a bit annoyed that the bike path was actually closed at what I think was the convention center (or a hotel?) due to a large wedding and I had to go out on the street with my son to get around the section. There were actually staff people blocking the path and telling us we couldn't proceed. I was pretty surprised they were allowed to do that :-(

Regardless, it was a cool ride along the river, especially seeing the Warhol Bridge. I wasn't sure if the new ramp was done yet, so we just rode out on the street from the Point down to the start of the trail. No biggie on a Saturday morning with very light traffic. We rode past a building and my son said "that looks like the building from the Inspector Gadget movie." I kind of scoffed at that, because it's been a few years since we saw that movie. That night we stayed at the Melody Lodge in Connelsville and guess what was on the TV? That same movie, and sure enough, it was the hotel we rode past! I couldn't believe my son (13) noticed the building (PPG building I think) and remembered it!

A shame you could not go under the convention center. If the foutain was on your would have really enjoyed it. I am 59 years old and been through there countless times and still get a kick out ot it.

I hate when weddings Bogart a public venue. I was on the Montour Trail recently and the wedding party thought nothing about blocking the whole trail for photos.

I hope you did not miss the bicycle museum? Again your son would have loved it.