Mentor58
'Mizer Cats are INSANE

Bikes: C-dale T800

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lectraplayer
Appreciate it. I guess I'll need to get me a spoke wrench then. How would be the best way to approach this? Start from the center of the wobble and go out, matching tension across the diameter of the rim?
I usually do this, find the worst place on the rim (you can do this watching it move in and out in relation to the brake pads. Next I will usually adjust the pair of spokes at the worst point in the warp by about a 1/4 turn (turning one in, the other out to move the rim side to side), then the pairs of spokes just to their left and right each get about an 1/8 turn or so. This helps ease the rim into true. Then I spin it back and forth a few times, see if I need anymore adjustments on that spot. (with practice you get pretty good at getting it about right the first time). One thing that you may find helpful, on the spokes that your are making tighter, overturn them just a bit (maybe an 1/8th turn or so), then back them off that extra amount you put in. This helps eliminate any 'twist' that can form in the spoke, helps them hold their adjustment.

Spin the wheel again, watch for the next worst spot, correct that, repeat as needed. Don't worry at this point about getting it 100 percent dead true, just get it within a couple of MMs or two and you'll be fine.

M58