Old 06-10-17, 10:27 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by hilltowner
I've got the '94 frame in dark green color that has been used for adventure touring & commuting for the past, can't recall exactly, number of years. The main thing is when I bought the frame it came with the '93 fork in the "pearl tusk" color. It's nice and light and springy but didn't hold up well on the trail when I was back using it for mountain biking. At any rate after I bent the darn thing I couldn't bring myself to just throw it in the trash. I'm in the process of repurposing it as a light stand.

The hold up is finding a way to touch up that color. I've been all over trying to find a match. Does anyone have any sure-fired suggestions? Advising me to go to hobby stores and auto parts places won't do since I've tried that already.
I'm curious, why or how did that fork fail on you?

No idea how to match that color if a hobby shop and auto parts place don't have what you need. Does it matter at this point since you are repurposing the fork?

With a bike I'm using and I can't find a match, I just use some white rustoleum. I did that my 1982 Trek 720. No way I could match that shade of brown and didn't even try. It's a working bike so the mismatched color doesn't bother me. YMMV.