Old 07-28-19, 06:10 AM
torger

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 12 Posts
So here it is, the S/M sized frame. Currently it is set up for me as stoker, and my slightly shorter brother as pilot. The main team is me as pilot and the girl as stoker, but I have got a bunch of stems etc to be able to set it up for all sorts of teams formed by friends and family. A thing I love about this frame is that with just some long seat posts and a bunch of stems you get a really wide range of people that can ride it. I've also noted that the low stand-over height is also useful for us that is a bit longer (but inflexible from a work life in the office) as it becomes easier for the team to get on the bike if it you don't need to lean it over.

The Cannondale geometry is not really a racing geometry so to get as low as possible we have actually removed the 15mm high dust cap and put the stem directly on top of the headset. I've made a CAD drawing and ordered a 3D print of a 3mm high dust cap which shall go in there to accommodate shorter pilots like my brother. When I'm myself pilot I can get sufficiently low with the stock dust cap.

The law here in Sweden mandates reflectors so I've used red (seatstays), white (fork blades) and orange (rims) reflective tape for that.

In the back I've replaced the seat post for a Shannon Hardcore 430mm (to become 500mm, out of stock at the time of order) as the original post is only 350mm and thus cannot support taller stokers. In the pictured setup the rear post is close to the max extension (32cm extension for the 43cm seatpost), yielding 74,5cm saddle height (BB center to saddle top). The stoker handlebar sits about as close as possible to the pilot without colliding with the legs. While you with the 500mm seatpost will be able to fit even taller stokers than myself, they must then sit a bit more upright to not collide with the pilot.

In the front I currently use the original back seat post, that is 27.2mm with a shim, to get a wider choice of stoker stems than you get with the original 31.6mm seatpost. To support taller pilots I'll need a longer seat post also there.

The stoker stem I've replaced with a Thorn 170mm 17 degree stem intended to mount another stem on so I can get a riser position, useful when the pilot is shorter. However, in this setup it should be possible to use a standard fixed stem, which I have on order. Minimizing the number of interfaces that can slip for the stoker bars is a good thing.

As our stoker bar was defective (skewed) I replaced it with a Somafab Urban Pursuit 25.4mm bar, as you can see in the image it's the same type of shape as the original bar, but a bit longer. The original bar has about 17cm reach, this has about 21cm, which I think is an improvement as it can support taller stokers. I've replaced the pilot handlebar too with a Bontrager VR-C Elite to get 20mm more reach than the original bar, to make the relaxed geometry somewhat more aggressive.

Saddles are swapped out depending on who sits on top, so each team member get their favorite saddle.

Here I run with GP5000 tires, the tubed version, setup with vittoria latex tubes. Fast rolling and comfortable. We run them at 100 psi for a 130 kg (286 lbs) team.

The front brake cable is way too long, I'll fix that eventually, I promise. I need to have the cables long enough to support the other end of the fit spectrum though, which is +20 degree 12cm stem with all spacers below it.

Likes For torger: