Old 01-29-20, 01:31 PM
wktmeow

Bikes: CAAD 10

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 111 Posts
Originally Posted by hubcyclist
turned 40 yesterday, did 4x20 @ 90%. The cake was good! I am definitely much fitter at 40 than I was at 30, hoping to keep it up!
happy birthday, and #goals !

My z2 heart rate/power is slowly coming back. Doing my z2 rides right at 130bpm, was able to cruise around 180w-190w without going over yesterday. Last week the same HR had me at 165-180. Last year it was 210w. Planning on doing 4x6 @ 280w today, to build duration from the 4x5 last week. Thinking I'll work up to 4x8 and then reset to 4x5 with higher power. It might get easy quicker than I plan, though, as the first part of a return to fitness is always easier than the last. It's still bumming me out that this time last year I did 280 for almost an hour!

Slighty OT, but I picked up some real running shoes yesterday for the first time in my life and wow what a difference! They make the concrete feel like a treadmill, much less stress on the joints. Does anyone work running in with cycling? Hoping to do 1-2 runs per week so that I can replace a ride with a run when I'm back at work and have limited time. Just not sure what days are good to mix it in. I was thinking of placing them on shorter z2 days and keeping the heart rate under like 145-150 and keeping distance to 5 miles or less.
Likes For wktmeow: