Old 03-02-20, 12:53 PM
Cykilist2

Bikes: a cannondale & a trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks O-B and skidder. I figured that I might run into roadblocks with gated communities. I called one this morning, and found out what you said... you have to go through the HOA (17 individual ones per the location I wanted to go through... I do like to have a workout, and getting caught up in speed humps, etc might slow me down) The first time around, I didn't do my homework, and ended up routing through a bunch of them, of course, getting stymied each time I turned into one, trying to avoid narrow, car-centric roads, like Ramon, or De Valle, especially when I tried to go from the middle of PS to the Sprouts in La Quinta, and back. I was quite frustrated. This time around, I'm using maps to see which parts have been traced, and the wideness of the roads, so that cars and bikes can coexist. I think I'll do better this time.

O-B: I knew you'd come up with a number of suggested routes. Time to go back to rwgps, and map them out. I've done Tramway, the only time I was there with a bike. Strange that you are stopped at the parking lot entrance.... Safety reasons, so they say. I think they should outlaw cars, too. I'm also going to try the route that leads through the Living Desert as well. I seek out hills.