Old 05-29-20, 01:23 PM
bmcer

Bikes: Full campy Record EPS BMC Team Machine slr01, Canyon CF SL 8.0 Endurance

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveSSS
The response qualifies as a rant, when it includes information that is easily proven to be incorrect, like the duplicate gear comment.
Sensitivity to cadence change is highly subjective and individual. So I'm not willing to take anyone to task for having a different perspective on what exactly constitutes redundant combinations. So I'll give you that one.

However, characterizing my entire response as a "rant" because it contains one point you disagree with seems a bit short sighted to me. But hey... This is America

Let me simplify my response. The only reason I can think of to adopt the "new" technology would be to give me a bit more low end. The rest of what it offers is "because we can" fluff to me. But examining all the currently available 12 speed drive trains shows they do provide that aditional low end I seek. Unfortunately, they all also involve more high end than I'll ever need or want as well as a mid-range shifting pattern I'm not comfortable with. The fact that this set of compromises comes at a cost I'm not comfortable with either, makes going that direction a non-starter for me.

Were Campy to offer a Record EPS compatible 12-32 cassette that didn't require a change of hub body and an RD that could handle it, I'd be all over it. In the absence of such a simple solution, my best, most viable option seems to be to HTFU.

Last edited by bmcer; 05-29-20 at 01:28 PM.