rutan74

Bikes: Felt ZR3, Specialized Sectur

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Bald Paul
I'm in the Upstate, near Spartanburg!
I was signed up for the Tour de Lowcountry (cancelled due to Covid concerns, of course) and checked the routes on RideWithGPS. I think the biggest "climb" on the metric century was about 0.5 miles long, and peaked out at 3%. I swapped out to an 11-25. I'm hoping this pandemic will be under control by the time Festivelo rolls around, but I'm not signing up until it gets closer. (I still have the corncob, just in case!)
We are close. I'm over by York. Ridden the Assaults twice. Stopped at Marion the first time due to not feeling well. Second time I made it but that was 5 years ago. No way today. I've summitted Mitchell like 5 times from Marion, but the Assaults is over for me at 65. Did Lake Lure too for like 3 years. That is another beast of a ride. A few years ago, like 5 or so, I did the Pumpkin ride. I think it was called that. Left out near Gaffney. I've done Fletcher Flyer out of Brevard like 5 times. That is a really nice ride and it is not to hilly or at least there are no major climbs like Lure and the Assaults.

Other than that, I don't get over into that area much. Usually just around the York and Gastonia area. I want to move to Florida in 2 years. My climbing days are over. I just want to pull a Jimmy Buffett now.

john