Old 08-27-04, 09:06 PM
Litespeed
Senior Moment

Bikes: Litespeed Blueridge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm a 52 yr old female, my husband is 51. I try and ride my bike at least 4 days a week on my lunch hours for about 10 miles, on Saturday, my husband and I ride the tandem about 30 + miles. Then on Sunday we each ride separately. I have been doing an average of 30+ miles. I like to get in a little more but sometimes just don't feel up to it (to hot, to windy etc). My husband probably averages around 60 + miles on each ride. Last two rides he has done over 100. My husband and I also go to the gym 3 days a week and work on strength training for about 1 1/2 hrs. I usually do about 12 different machines and do 6 sets each.
During the week I get up at 4 am to do bicycling on the trainer anywhere from 20 - 45 minutes depending on whether I am going to the gym that day. Then I walk my dog for 40 minutes, at lunch I ride my bike. We take supplements (vitamins) and when we bike ride I use Citomax. I have just started using Endurolytes Power to try and stop the foot cramps at night. We ride road only, no mountain biking. We have been biking for about 7 years. I never really rode as a kid, maybe 2 dozen times so it was a new learning experience for me.
My husband rides a Holland roadbike and I ride a sort of cross bike, it was specially made for me, road bike frame with mountain bike components. My husband and I are definitely in better shape now then we have ever been in our lives. We are hoping that eating right and exercising will keep us out of a rest home.