View Single Post
Old 05-22-19, 04:47 PM
fat2fit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by johjo
Do you wear a helmet? Always or just for certain types of rides? What to keep in mind while shopping for one? Aldi has one for $18 right now. I don't usually wear one but I'm slow touristy nature looker. The meet- ups groups require a helmet for group rides. Most of you wear one all the time?
Honestly I wear one when I mountain bike or road bike, ever since I got my Hybrid bike I often find myself not wanting to wear it. I can fall down in the shower and break my head open, why does it matter if I wear one when I ride a bike or not? At least that's one of the arguments I've heard before. At the end of the day if you get hit by a car the helmet may help save some brain damage, but it ain't gonna really do much else. When riding my Dual Sport 2 around town, depending on how long the ride will be, I usually don't wear one. If I plan on going for a longer ride, I'll wear one.

Frankly, lots of the time I don't like having to haul the helmet around when I arrive at my destination so I don't bring it. I also don't really care for the look of it. Technically I'm in Canada, and it's illegal to ride without one, but I don't think people actually enforce that law lol.
Likes For fat2fit: