Old 01-26-20, 01:55 PM
TheDudeIsHere

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 161 Posts
I had a bad dream that forum member Bernie beat me on a timed event of which he challenged me. We had both signed up for a timed event, 100 miles 10,000 ft of climbing. He made some pretty outrageous comments on the forums. Pretty much saying that if he had a bad day, I MIGHT be able to keep up with him. But highly unlikely seeing that he was a well known accomplished rider. Having done RAM, Furnace Creek 508, Paris brest Paris (spelling?), multiple double centuries, multiple rando rides. He bragged about his $8000 Colnago, his climbing wheels, descending gears and his many many racing awards. I guess my recreational style was no match for his strength and experience. He said my riding style was lacking and he actually made fun of my $1000 bike and heavy wheels that I built. He saw my ride reports about riding on the bike trails. Usually the day after climbing 5,000 ft so he said I could not compete with him. Of course, he was reading the fake headlines ha ha ha!

But yeah, it was just a bad dream. I bettered his time on the ride by more than an hour!

He started before me, I actually passed him then stopped on the climb to let him roll by knowing I'd pass him again. He shouted out something about passing me on the descent with his amazing bike and descending gears. But I'm a pretty good descender myself so he had no chance of catching after I put a large gap between us on the climb. Sometimes the little guy can spank you if you under estimate him.

After the official results were posted, he didn't say much on the forums.

Oh wait, this was not my nightmare, it was his!