Old 03-12-10, 05:24 PM
Covalent Jello
DEJA VU

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cryptid01
What made you feel okay about suggesting a manufacturer should replace or repair your 3 year old, bearings shot, "beaten to hell" pedals? Never mind getting all puffed up and proud about ultimately badgering them into it?

What you effectively did was drive up costs for everyone else. yay
They offered, actually, for wasting almost or what feels like 3 months of my bike time on backup pedals, I accepted
That in addition to bearings failing 2x in 3 years (on only one pedal)
Raising the price for everyone else, that's exaggerated, meh, I'll mail you your extra 3 pennies if you want

I guess they should have had someone ready to take my credit card info so I could buy a simple bearing replacement kit, but they didn't, made me wait 2 weeks, and then planned on making me wait more. Bad enough I have to wait for the new pedals to be shipped in a couple weeks seeing as they're on backorder. I have no remorse for the company, when it comes this far I generally never do anyways.

And yes, I'm proud! I hope someone else will do the same and not bend over to customer service.
Like I said, this is just why I am a pain in the ass customer, because it pays off.
I want other ppl to do the same. When people suck at doing biz they should know, I would want the same.
What I really did was make Easton a better company. But only because I told them where they went wrong & got their attention, really.

Last edited by Covalent Jello; 03-12-10 at 06:39 PM.