Old 03-12-10, 09:32 PM
Covalent Jello
DEJA VU

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DX-MAN
Not trying to prolong a flame war, but you do sound like my riding bud at work; he has an '03 Epic, is lusting for the '10 Stumpy FSR Elite, and while in the LBS for a fork rebuild, asked the staff if SpecialEd still had lifetime warranty on their frames... his intent is to get a NEW frame by bashing the sh** out of the old one while racing again this year.

Warranties are not to salvage your trashed parts; they are to cover a potential flaw in the manufacturing. NOTHING made by man last forever, so people need to quit abusing the lifetime warranty concept.
I never went out with the intent to screw any warranty over, I knew it was over. I was going to pay the $20 for the replacement kit and be happy.
They couldn't do that, because someone was on vacation, and I had to wait, but got new pedals out of it.

So, I'm pretty happy considering they dicked me around for a while there.
Especially considering, had I not been pushy, this wouldn't have happened.
When I say pushy, I mean, doing what an average customer should do, but often may not.

Now, they have a pair of pedals that were used by a customer to look at. Even better for them.
The left one didn't break at all, it was the right one that broke two times. My right foot is dominant, I have a habit of that. =-0 Coincidence?

Last edited by Covalent Jello; 03-12-10 at 09:42 PM.