Old 07-06-17, 06:39 AM
DCwom

Bikes: Burley Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by fork crown
So I'm all set to start my solo tour on 7/12 through 7/17. The organized Parks and Trails ride is starting 7/9 through 7/16. I'm trying to think of issues I'll encounter overlapping the organized ride. Any thoughts or concerns I should have with riding close or at the same time as the organized tour?
We intentionally overlapped with the P&T ride, no problems on the trail, in fact some bonuses, fresh road markings, detour info you may not know about, other humans... One day that we didn't overlap we didn't see a sole for almost 20 miles. Even though there are hundreds of riders we never had any "traffic" issues, they string out very quickly on the trail.

The only downside we had was planning for the limited B&Bs, if you are anywhere near the campsite they will be booked out months before with folks taking a night off from the tent.

There were a few occasions where we could have easily blended in with the group and stole their resources at rest stops but didn't, we only used their road markings to supplement my own GPS tracks.